A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

ONE SEASON ENDS AND ANOTHER BEGINS

Nope I'm not talking about summer turning into autumn. Although with temperatures still in the 90s autumn is taking its sweet time to visit southern California. Thank goodness the mornings and evenings are cooling off now. I love the warm weather, but we had a very warm summer without much respite. I'm ready for a season change.

As frequent visitors here know I don't watch very much TV because I usually read in the evenings, or blog hop, or write blogs, lots of things but not a lot of TV watching going on here. The men in my life on the other hand always seem to have a TV on somewhere. Sometimes more than one TV. We have sports, music videos, lots of Comedy Central, CSI and Law and Order re-runs. Is it a wonder I don't watch much TV?



Anyway last night was the season finale of one of my favorite shows, RESCUE ME. Yeah, it's pretty much just the one show I try to catch every week. All other TV watching (recent documentarys included) is all by accident while GG is clicking relentlessly through the stations looking for something to watch, which drives me crazy by the way, especially when he's trying to entice me to watch something with him and just won't land on one program and stick with it. Aiiiieee Carumba!


Fortunately even though my current favorite show is ending tonight I read in the paper this weekend that the new season of HEROES begins on September 24th. Just a week and a half away. It's so very nice for the networks to plan things so nicely for me like that. I'm very appreciative. I don't think I could handle trying to keep track of two programs at once. Something might explode in my head. I continue to marvel how there can be so many channels on TV and I find so little to like. Although I still like watching movies. Movies uninterrupted by commercial breaks that is. So yay for HBO, STARZ, AMC, TMC and all the other networks that provide movies old and new without commercials.

Is there anything in particular you are looking forward to watching this new TV season? The only other show that mildly interested me was JOURNEYMAN because of that guy from ROME is in it. There's something about him. I looked him up. His name is Kevin McKidd. That deep voice of his is very appealing to me. I might check that one out. Other than that na-da. Shmoo is intrigued by the clever promos of IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA. Anyone a fan?

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

OK - don't scream - I ,ever watched either of these shows. BUt I think they sound great. I hope they decide to show them over ehre in France.

5:42 AM PDT  
Blogger Casee said...

I've heard Rescue Me is good, but I've never watched.

Together, the hubby and I watch about 10 shows. Thank Gawd for DVR or I'd never remember them all. LOL

7:21 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Sam, no worries...no screaming. I have a low voice and I'm one of those girls who can't scream or shriek properly. Sad really. If you get a chance to watch RESCUE ME I think you might like the trials and tribulations of an Irish Catholic alcoholic fire fighter in NYC. Denis Leary plays the lead role, Tommy Gavin. I never know whether to laugh or cry. There's some very good writing and dialogue in the show.

Casee, ten shows? I don't think GG and I could ever agree on ten shows. It would take divine intervention. : )

11:30 PM PDT  
Blogger Kristie (J) said...

I don't watch a lot of TV either, but I've become quite mad for Blood Ties. I watched the premier show again last night and it looks like it might be on twice a week here. And Moonlight looks good. And I can get another shot at drooling over Tim Daly in the spin-off show of Grey's Anatomy he's in.

7:24 AM PDT  
Blogger Agnes Mildew said...

I don't think any of those shows (apart from the ones GG watches which make you blog for eternity!) are shown in the UK. I, like you, rarely watch TV as it is mindless rubbish.

Suffice it to say, the only autumn programmes I am looking forward to watching are the inevitable comedy re-runs from ten years ago!

7:50 AM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

Oh, yes. Journeyman is definitely going on my must try list because of that man. Loved ROME. I watch A LOT of TV but when asked I can't name what it is I watch but I just can't wait for the season to start!!

I bought Rescue Me first season to watch because I can't figure out when it's on up here. I love Denis Leary.

Also I'm watching a show called Weeds that I rented from the DVD place. Funny, weird but I'm enjoying it.

CindyS

7:55 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home