A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Could you do this?

We heard about this incident at work within days of it happening. We saw pictures and heard the story by the LA Times photographer who witnessed it. However, seeing the video makes it so damn real. If you're intersted, I know I was, I also put a link to the LA Times audio and pictures of the radio chatter between the fire crews from the same incident.

The YouTube video is of a burn over which is when a fire completely surrounds an unburned area and then by mother nature's wind or the wind of the fire storm itself blows the fire across the area. Take a look.



If that wasn't enough for you, try this link.

http://www.latimes.com/la-burnover-f,0,732907.flash?coll=la-home-center

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Dev said...

Wow. No, I couldn't do that. God bless those who can.

6:36 AM PST  
Blogger Becky said...

I don't think I could do it, but I am soooo thankful knowing there are brave firefighters that will!

10:07 AM PST  
Blogger lisabea said...

That was inspiring. Dev's right: God bless them.

3:59 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

This was a huge topic at work because there are a couple of different kinds of shelters out there. There are veterans that are impressed with how well those new shelters worked, but they are a booger to deploy and get in with high winds.

I get weepy every time I watch the darn video.

7:41 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home