A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

My October Reading List and What the Cat Dragged In

Ummmm...yeah, we don't have a cat. Shmoo is allergic and GG doesn't like 'em so that title is just a tease and I'm a dork.

Later than usual I know, but here's my October reading list.

An Enchanted Season - An anthology with Maggie Shayne, Nalini Singh, Erin McCarthy, and Jean Johnson
Decadent
- Shayla Black
Caine’s Reckoning - Sarah McCarty
Secrets Volume 9 Anthology - Kimberly Dean, Kathryn Dubois, Bonnie Hamre, and Lisa Marie Rice
Trouble - Sasha White
Return to Me - Julia Templeton
Evermore - Lynn Viehl
Dark Hunter - Christine Feehan (Manga Version)
Mine Til Midnight - Lisa Kleypas
Beauty and the Black Sheep - Jessica Bird
His Comfort and Joy - Jessica Bird
All About Men - Shannon McKenna Anthology
Forbidden - Suzanne Brockmann
Demon’s Captive - Stephanie Snow
Demons on Horseback:Nate - Beth Williamson
Bring It - Louisa Trent
Lord of the Fading Lands - CL Wilson
Ice Storm - Anne Stuart
Wicked Deeds on a Winter’s Night - Kresley Cole

Nineteen books read. Three of the books are e-books. For the first time in over a year I had several new-to-me authors. The new ones were Wilson, Williamson, Snow, Templeton, White and Black. I got one ARC and won a couple of other books. Overall October was a pretty darn good month. Favorite read of the month would have to be EVERMORE by Lynn Viehl. I can't wait for it to come out so we can all talk about it.

Now for the stuff the cat dragged in...I suppose since I'm writing this I'M the cat. Hmmm....food for thought that.

Work is crazy busy. Home is crazy busy. New tires yesterday on one car...new brakes today on another. Thank God we don't have car payments. Cars have been a real trial in 2007. Speaking of which, there is some good news relating to cars. We think we've finally gotten the settlement finalized with the insurance company handling Shmoo's car accident which was over 8 months ago. It's going to be a relief to not have to deal with it every month. Halleluia!

On the TV front: Finally! We had a half way decent HEROES episode last night. Praise be. Hopefully we will get a couple more good eppys in before they go on holiday hiatus.

Reading update: I just finished Suzanne Brockmann's ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT and am looking forward to starting A GENTLE RAIN by Deborah Smith. It came in the mail while we were out of town. I also picked up a couple of Jillian Hart westerns at the UBS after reading this review by SL Wendy a couple of weeks ago.

My sister emailed me her pictures from our trip to Las Vegas. The picture of the birthday people and the nieces and nephews have been replaced. Hers were much better. I'm leaving you with this photo. For some reason our family likes to take photos where we are either making weird faces, tickling one another, or in this case pinching each others arses. Check it out.



(click to see larger)

Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

I hate car problems - and insurance - Argh!!!! Line them all against the wall when the revolution comes! (who said that? Douglas Adams, I think.) :-)
I love Suzanne Brockman - I'll have to go dig out the ones I have in my library though - I'm not buying anything new until I finish my TBR pile! (what will-power!)

12:29 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morning Rosie!

Great on the car/insurance issue being resolved. I'm a little disappointed though. :) I popped over to literally see what the cat dragged in. Those are some of the most interesting story. Especially when what they drag in isn't dead! *lol*

4:51 AM PST  
Blogger nath said...

I hear you on the car problems. It sure sucks... so sorry to hear that you're soo busy, but at least, you still have time to read :D

What did you think of All Through the night? and I can't wait getting the new Deborah Smith... however, I couldn't order it through Chapters/Indigo... so I ask a friend who was going to the USA to buy it for me, hopefully, she'll find it!

and the pictures are so nice :D and it's fun to do funny faces and tickling... makes for some very nice poses :P

5:19 AM PST  
Blogger Wendy said...

Still have to get the Smith book. I'm hopeless.

I've only read two by Hart and liked both. Strongly recommend The Horseman. If you can't get your hands on it, let me know and you can borrow my copy....

7:52 AM PST  
Blogger Becky said...

LOL on the back story behind the picture! Sounds a little like our family.

Glad to hear your car probs are all working out so well. Our truck is still on the blink, but it's worth it to get it fixed so we don't have to take on a real car payment.

I've got a sick kid home from school today, so I'd better go. I think he's 'ringing' for his lunch. Must be nice.

10:26 AM PST  
Blogger alcoment said...

I'm glad you had a good time in Vegas. I always thought I read a lot until I see how much you read in a month!

2:07 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Sam, our Ford Focus is our problem car. I'd like to set it on fire.

Sarah,yes, I know cats drag in stuff that is sometimes still *alive*. My Mom had a cat Mittens that brought stuff home all the time. One morning it was the head of a jack rabbit. Lovely to open the front door to that.

Nath, I liked ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT. Nice continued story of Jules & Robin. You might have to order Deborah Smith, I haven't seen it in stores.

Zeek, finally a decent eppy of HEROES. Just when it's getting good it looks like there might be a writer's strike. Oy!

Wendy, color me embarrassed I have a couple of Hart's books you must've told me to buy. THE HORSEMAN is one of them. I now have 5 of her books. Maybe I'll try one after Deborah Smith's book.

Becky, if you mean using plastic to pay for the repairs as working out then, yes I guess things are going great. ;-P Christmas is going to be mighty slim this year I can tell you that much.

Alcoment, I always tell people it looks like I read a lot because I don't watch TV much and I read fast. Now if only I didn't have work, laundry, grocery shopping...

4:50 PM PST  
Blogger CindyS said...

Our family pics are never that fun. Usually we have closed eyes or someone with their mouth open because they were saying 'take the picture already!'.

Insurance period. Like getting money from stone. You have to have the stuff legally but when it comes time to claim they're all 'well, I don't know'. Glad that is coming to an end for you.

As to vehicles I come from a long line (okay, my dad) of people who will drive a car till the floor boards have worn through. Bob will take his vehicles in for regular maintenance. What a sap. That's just a ruse to get money ;) Until my car actually drops it's motor out onto my drive way or I can't get it to move, then and only then will I take it somewhere and it better not be something expensive. And we're (dad and I) famous for saying 'okay, but what does it need to just run'. Makes Bob's head explode every time.

Weird though I'm going to take one of Bob's trucks in as a surprise and get them to fix the windshield, put new wipers on and maybe (if they don't try and rip me off) get the heater thing working. It only blows on high and since it was probably on fire at one point, it stinks of smoke when it's on.

Pretty.

CindyS (obviously chatty)

10:30 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Cindy, I say bring on the chattiness! Our pictures are always challenging. Someone is always up to something and now we've passed it onto the next generation.

I've had pics of Beanie before... I think the last one was on Father's Day I put up a pic of he and Shmoo together. He's a sweetheart and I can't believe he's 21!

12:28 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home