A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thinking, TV, brownies, but no reading...

Life is busy. Are you sick of my saying that? Well I'm sick of me saying that. Things just seem to be on fast forward all of a sudden. I haven't read since I posted on Monday. But I want to thank you all for your great suggestions, it got my curiosity sparked and I'm interested in a couple of things.

The possibilities are varied. My next possible reads:

BLOODFEVER by Karen Marie Moning

LADY OF LIGHT AND SHADOWS by CL Wilson

THE HORSEMAN by Jillian Hart

MAD DASH by Patricia Gaffney

One of the books in my TBR by Karen Rose

I had a grand time making the rounds today. I laughed quite a bit. Here are some posts worth checking out if you haven't already:

Zeek's post had a cute Christmas message. Loved it. I only wish I could actually send it in a card. Lisabea's post answering Sarah McCarty's ice breaker questions from eHarlequin was great, witty, clever and funny. Sarah had some really, really great questions. I'd love to use them at a SoCal Blogger meet up.

I also really enjoyed and got a hoot out of Jennifer Crusie's post. When you get to the part about the commune...well just be prepared. And finally, I'm tooting my own horn a little bit here, because she refers to a conversation we had at lunch on Monday, but check out SL Wendy's post about how an oldie might not be a goodie any more.

While I haven't done any more reading since last I posted, I did catch HEROES on Monday night. Isn't it always the way? Right after I complain how the series has pretty much sucked this season the last two episodes have rocked. I always know the series is cooking when my family is discussing and debating theories two days later. Shmoo is completely disgusted with my thoughts (Adam is a bad guy and tricking Peter) and has quite a theory of his own. It's loaded with lots of conjecture and subplots. I can't believe how much time and conversation we've devoted to the topic.

I'm thinking some of my malaise might be due to only going swimming once last week. Once your body gets used to a regular workout and you stop I think the muscles are talking to the bones and the bones to the heart and the heart to the brain and they all want to know why the hell they aren't getting any exercise. GG and I are back on the bandwagon this week. Who knew one week off would make such a difference?

Final note. We watched BIGGEST LOSER last night. Before I continue, I want to point out this is NOT a TV show I would ordinarily seek out and watch. However, once you tune-in it is morbidly fascinating and compelling. Go figure. Which is really curious for me because for the most part I can't stand any of the reality shows. Anyway, show of hands...was anyone else as thrilled as we were to see Amy go last night? Halleluia!! Although kudos to her for her end of show 'how they are doing now' segment where it showed she lost 100 pounds. I give credit where it's due even to lying, scheming witches.

Remember my post on the fabulous brownies? Well, I've made them several more times and they are still fabulous and yummy. Why mention them now? I'm chewing chocolatey goodness as I type this.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

I read your whole post, but the only thing I can think of now is Brownies...
Thanks a lot!!
LOL!

Favorite Martha Grimes - well, it would be good to start with the first in the series 'The Man with a Load of Mischief' (they are all stand alone, but she has such interesting characters that it's great to get the first introduction) Otherwise, I think I loved 'The Old Silent' the best.

6:04 AM PST  
Blogger lisabea said...

I think we are all going through a November blah. There were so many fantastic books released in October that I read everyday. Sometimes all day. Now? I went to Borders last night and didn't buy anything. ? I know. Let me know if anything great turns up. With nothing else around, I'm going to buy Sarah M's back list today...sshhh, don't tell visa.

6:06 AM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Sam, only thinking about brownies? Thank goodness it means I'm among kindred spirits! :) I had such a craving yesterday. Thanks for the Martha Grimes info. Saves me from having to hunt for it myself. I've written it down to look at the UBS first.

lisabea, I envy you that process of reading all Sarah's books for the first time. The PROMISE series is top notch, but I also liked the start of her OTHERS series. I hope she continues it someday. I know she's been contracted to write another book in the PROMISE series I think that will be out in 2009. Happy reading. Visa? Visa who? ;-)

6:43 AM PST  
Blogger nath said...

I think you should stop mentioning brownies unless you're reading to send us all some :D did you share the recipe on your blog?

I agree with Lisabea's November blah. I can't wait for December!

6:51 AM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nath, the browines are a mix. It's Ghiradelli's Triple Chocolate Brownies mix. We buy them at Costco here in the states. Lori (Let's Gab) has made them with great success as well. I tell you they are the only packaged mix of brownies I've tried that are just sublime.

6:56 AM PST  
Blogger Dev said...

Okay, all I can think of are brownies now, too. And it's a long time until lunch........

I'm reading The Raven Prince and Promises Linger right now. About halfway through both.

7:15 AM PST  
Blogger Gigi said...

hmmm brownies.. Oh I meant to say I totally agree about that Adam guy tricking Peter. He just seems to be oozing eviltry (probably not a word) I meant to blog about the return of awesomeness to the show but I've just been feeling so un-bloggy lately.

7:21 AM PST  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

I'm all about Karen Rose so read that one! LOL

I started Bloodfever last night while I was waiting for my mom in the truck. I read the first couple of chapters and I'm hooked. So read Bloodfever second. :P

8:30 AM PST  
Blogger ~ Mad ~ said...

**Raising hand** Me, me, me! I was soo thrilled to see Amy go! She was such a whiner!

4:23 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Dev, let me just say the brownies were divine. Yes, that's past tense as in we ate them all.

Giselle, finally someone who can talk sense about HEROES. Shmoo thinks Adam is a good guy. Yeah, no freakin' way. Hopefully all 3 of the upcoming eppys are in the can and the writers strike won't impact the series. Fingers are crossed.

Ames, but the KMM book is out and the Karen Rose book I have to dig out. I just finished the Katie MacAlister, so what to do...what to do...

Mad, was Amy conniving or what!!! I wonder what all those people thought (think) once they watched the show after they were home. My husband couldn't believe the black team would give her that much loyalty after the pain in the butt she's been. Ah, well, who will we focus all our animosity on now?

9:27 PM PST  
Blogger ~ Mad ~ said...

Isabeau next! lol Like Julie said, how many times has she already been saved from getting the boot? Did you cry as much as I did when Julie had those 24 hours with her family? Her little boy was the cutest thing...

12:04 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home