A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

7 Things Meme...Because I love Devonna

Haven't I blathered about all my weirdness already? I don't know if I can think of 7 things you don't already know.

1. I like stuff put away. I like every single thing in my home having it's own spot and place to be "put away". I've always been this way. OTOH, I have had a scrap booking table up (it's organized, but still) in my office for a year now. What tha'?

2. I hate my hair. I used to have thick hair. Now I have thin straight hair. It doesn't do anything I want it to do. It takes too much time for too little results. I. Hate. My. Hair. I want SL Wendy's hair. It's bouncy, shiny and thick. Gorgeous hair. I probably want YOUR hair. I just don't want mine. At all. In any color or any length. I. Hate. My. Hair.


3. Did I say this one before? I'm a cradle Catholic. I went faithfully for 45 years of my life to the Catholic Church. Then there was a personal incident with one of my family members. As incidents go it was a small thing. Before you begin to think it's altar boy related...it was my sister and she was a choir director. Anyway, it was sort of a straw and camel thing. I was so disgusted by that incident I just couldn't bring myself to go to Mass any more. I've turned into one of those people that shudders at the mention of organized religion. I used to be one of the people espousing that change can only come from the good people working within the Church. No more. All gone and all done.


4. My name is Rosie and I cry. I weep. I bawl my eyes out. Hallmark commercial? I cry. Poignant moment in a book. I joyously weep. Someone dies in a movie? I bawl my eyes out. You get the idea. Just about anything (and everything) can bring a tear to my eye. I used to struggle valiantly to hide my affliction. But now, well, it's just who I am. So I cry. So what?


5. Oatmeal is a comfort food. I adore that there is instant oatmeal that I can cook and have ready to eat in approximately 1 minute and 30 seconds. Who can argue with that? Love it.


6. My husband drives me crazy. Okay so I'm not the first woman to mention this. And, since I may have mentioned what a swell guy he is a time or two or seven, it probably won't seem too random or much of a surprise when I tell you this next thing too. I really, really like him. I enjoy his company and he makes me laugh. Who knew? I mean you get married and dream and believe, but after a few of life's curve balls, a couple of kids, the loss of some dear ones you realize you've weathered some storms together and that you done good in this one big thing in life. Some how I managed to pick up the yoke and harness of life with the right person. So, yay me? See how I brought that full circle back to me?


7. I get a pedicure every two weeks. It's in our budget. It's in our budget as long as I'm working. When I'm not working I'm probably NOT getting a pedicure every two weeks. You catching a trend here? I work so that I can buy books and get pedicures and my nails done and my hair done. I guess that makes me...spoiled? Loved? One damn lucky chickadee? Whatever you want to call it, I have me some shiny tootsies every two weeks.

I wasn't planning to add this, but right now Shmoo is playing SWING SWING by the All American Rejects on acoustic guitar. It's just sublime to have beautiful live music in the house.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Dev said...

Awww, I feel loved :-) I'm a crier, also. Hallmark commercials, Kleenex commercials; the McDonald's commercial where the older brother comes home for his sister's wedding and remembers all the times they spent at McDonald's growing up, or how about the Visa commercial where the father is paying for his daughter's wedding and he keeps picturing her as a little girl?? Yes, I cry. It's just me. Although, I hate, hate, hate it if someone teases me about it.

9:50 PM PST  
Blogger nath said...

LOL, you're not spoiled if you work for it. I'm been very emotional lately. Seeing someone win a gold medal at some event makes me want to cry ^^; I'm definitively not as organized as you, since I said I was messy LOL :P

4:29 AM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Dev, come back tomorrow. There's more love to share with you. ;-) It's good to know me and my tears are in good company.

Nath, yeah I work for it, and I do feel a bit spoiled, but you know, I'm not going to change or anything! :-) As for feeling emotional lately, I think as we get older we realize the importance or magnitude of things more. IMO, you have to be a stone not to react to that.

4:53 AM PST  
Blogger Smart Socratics said...

I like you. I really, really like you.


Sue

5:45 AM PST  
Blogger Wendy said...

My former boss had very thin hair and every once in a while I'd find her covetously starring at my hair! My experience has been that no matter the type of hair a person has, chances are they hate it. And honestly, the only reason my hair is bouncy is because I've been getting it layered. When it's all one length it just tends to lay there.....

8:56 AM PST  
Blogger Anne said...

I am SUCH a crier. In this you are not alone by any means. I weep with books and commercials. I just weeped a few minutes ago when I saw that Jenster got love from NED. But when there's a crisis? No crying... at least not until we leave the ER or the hospital or whoever is hurt is in surgery or asleep. Then I bawl big buckets of tears that could help the California drought. *G*

The husband driving you crazy thing? Me too.

I like oatmeal with cinnamon and brown sugar. Or honey. Mmmm.

4:42 PM PST  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

Good list Rosie!

I'm a closet crier. I don't know why. :P

6:32 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Sue, aw shucks, m'am.

Wendy, whatever SL. Your hair is awesome and you just have to adjust to all the envious stares you get.

Anne, huh, I didn't even think of that. I never cry in a crisis either. My sisters marvel at it because I do cry at the drop of the hat about everything else. I wonder why that is?

Ames, closet crier? Do you mean you hide when you cry and don't want people to know? I used to be like that. No more. Crying is good for the soul. Well, mostly. Nobody wants to be a cry baby for "cryin' out loud". Har, har.

7:30 PM PST  
Blogger CindyS said...

1. I need you to come for a visit and straighten Bob out ;)

2. I fear my hair will thin because my mother's did. She blames me and my brother - apparently pregnancy, whatever. Since I won't be having kids maybe my hair will stay thick.

3. Damn, now I'm even more curious.

4. I'm the opposite for the most part but when I do cry it's an event. There are huge sobs and gasps for breath and moaning and red nose and huge tears. Yeah. Never a good sight.

I can sometimes get the sting of tears but you better move me ;)

5. Lucky you. It's good for your heart and cholestorol and everything. Bob has to choke it down for a month before he developed a taste. Now it oatmeal with cinnamin.

6. I thought that was what hubby's were for!

7. I would so love to do that and I know it wouldn't be too big a deal but I tend to forget how fast weeks go by so before I know it it's a year later.

And you deserve pampering all the time!

CindyS

2:06 AM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Cindy, straighten Bob out? Working with my 3 guys here is a full time job. Besides I've only got the training wheels on Shmoo and Beanie. The rest of the job is some other poor woman's problem.

What! another one with gorgeous thick hair. It just ain't fair I tell you. My hair was thick until my mid-30s and then it just started falling out.

Go figure.

6:17 AM PST  
Blogger Gigi said...

Gosh Rosie we have lots in common.I'm an organizer too everything has it's place and no one better move it from there. I was also raised Catholic a cataclysmic event and now I want nothing to do with organized religion. My hubby drives me bananas and sometimes he can be so embarrasing but he's my best friend and I wouldn't trade him for Johnny Depp on a gold platter. And I don't really cry but ever since I got knocked up I can't stop the waterworks. Even a cute puppy up for adoption made me bawl the other day. Weird.

6:16 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home