A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Monday, February 04, 2008

The REAL Jane Austen?




Although I haven't read lots about Jane Austen, I found this partly biographical and partly fictional account very interesting. Next up is the wonderful A&E adaptation of PRIDE & PREJUDICE. Since that gem is in my DVD collection, I may just sit down and watch it all next weekend. Time permitting of course.

Since we were happy about the Super Bowl winner, GG loves the Manning family, this was a great way to top off the evening. It certainly sparked some interesting thoughts and conversation.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Gigi said...

I managed to catch a bit of it last nite but coudn't finish watching cuz the p-nut woke up screaming. Night terrors we think. Anyhoo the bit I watched was pretty interesting. I hope they re-run it again. And like you I'll be watching p&p next Sun although I too already own it :)

6:05 PM PST  
Blogger Becky said...

I love, love, LOVE that movie!

Good stuff!

10:42 PM PST  
Blogger Sam said...

Yay Giants!!!!
As a NY Giants fan from way back, I was thrilled!
I'll have to check out the movie - looks great. I'm reading Duty and Desire by Pamela Aiden - she's quite good, and if you've run out of Jane Austin books to read, it's nice to have the same characters popping up in their own stories!

2:50 AM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Giselle, I hope they replay too because I missed Mansfield Park when it was on.

Becky, I take it you mean P&P and not Miss Austen Regrets?

Sam, I guess "real" football fans are in a bit of shock. Since I barely watch and get most of my football filtered through GG and my boys I was happy to see the underdog win the day. Beanie is still stunned the Patriots lost while GG is over the moon about the Giants. Makes for an interesting dynamic that's for sure.

As for Pamela Aiden...she writes about Austen characters? Who's in Duty and Desire?

6:25 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home