A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Home Sweet Home



I had excellent company and conversation all week, but was ever so glad to see my house, husband and Shmoo when I got home. Although home wasn't quite as sweet as I left it.

Beanie moved out on Thursday. It was disconcerting to be home with the "boys room" rearranged and changed. I thought I was ready, but I'm feeling a little stunned. He's 21, going to college, it's more than time. Still, I'm surprised how much I miss him being here.

As for RWA, if you think of anything in particular you want to ask about RWA and my experience there, post it in the comments. Don't worry, no one will point and laugh at your questions. I know I was very curious about our fellow bloggers experience last year.

It was wonderful to meet and make conversation with other book lovers. In fact for me, it was as exciting and fun as meeting the authors.

Right now though, it's back to reality and my slightly empty nest.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger sula said...

glad to hear you made it home safe and sound. Take some time to relax and maybe read a book or two. books? oh yeah, those. lol.

5:43 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

sula, I think next time I will plan a day to sleep when I get home before resuming 'real' life. And reading? Oh yeah, I'd love to do that.

6:37 AM PDT  
Blogger Jenster said...

No matter how much fun you have on a get away it's always great to get home.

I'm feeling stunned for you! I'm so talking to you when I get to that stage.

7:24 AM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

Well I still think you should do that blog post we talked about on the trip home.

Yeah, you really need a day off after conference to regroup. Although so far all I've done is catch up on my e-mail and Google Reader (with lots of skimming!). I still have laundry and errands to tackle....

8:42 AM PDT  
Blogger nath said...

Great to hear you made it home safely!! :) and that's probably why people are going away... so they can get home :) LOL :)

All I'm asking... do you have pics of RWA?

3:26 PM PDT  
Blogger Becky said...

I'm sure you had a lovely time, but yeah...coming home is the best feeling. Especially when you reach the top of the hill...

That would be quite a shock, though, coming home and finding one kid moved out and everything switched around. I mean, pre-planned and long-time-coming aside...I'd probably bawl my eyes out, though I'm sure he'll do very well on his own.

4:27 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Jenster, I never thought it was going to be easy, but I am surprised how wrenching it has been the past couple of days. I'm already feeling better tonight (Monday) and have spoken to him twice already.

Wendy, lesson learned about taking the day off. The Hawaiian staff meeting was a huge success although I did end up having about 8 agenda items. My voice is hoarse and raw. I'm blaming YOU! : D

Nath, nope not pictures, not even one. Katiebabs at Kristie's blog took a ton of pictures, but I didn't. It takes a lot of energy and effort to get the pictures Katie got. Katie has lots of both.

Becky, oh there were tears shed, quite a few actually. Beanie called to see if I got home okay and I choked up with him on the phone too. I'm so happy and excited for him, but still feel a bit bereft.

8:58 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

Hugs Rosie - I've been MIA for the past few days. Like you said, you can know what's coming but it's when it happens that things go bad. I'm glad that you have had a chance to talk with him and what a good son to call and make sure you got home safe. What a sweetie!

CindyS

11:55 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Cindy, my biggest silver lining with Beanie is that he is so sweet natured and always seems happy to chat. Thank God for email and cell phones. We can be in touch lots while I adjust.

7:33 AM PDT  
Blogger Luann said...

Rosie, your nest might feel a bit empty now, but the little birdies always come back to visit and eventually bring back little birdies of their own to share with you. I can tell you from experience that those additional little birdies will add a most wonderful aspect to your life. So, it's okay to miss your son and feel that void in the nest; just know that the current void turns into a very full sweetness in time.

7:22 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home