A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, March 06, 2009

My so called sekrit life.

Many moons ago I used to go out. No kidding. I actually went to places that served alcohol, played loud music and provided much entertainment and amusement to my exuberant and youthful brain. I loved to mingle out amongst the hordes of humanity.

Now? Well, not so much. Kids, age, work and reality have greatly curtailed my night life. Now, I only get a chance to go out like once a year and I call it RWA. Heh.


Anyway, once upon a time I would go out and enjoy a margarita. I still love 'em. Classic lime - rocks or blended. Lip smackin' good. Although these days I pretty much stick to my GTs, I still like to reminisce about my margarita days. Yesterday, a friend with whom I've shared more than one margarita, sent the following important health information to me. As a public service to all the women of the world who do, or have, enjoyed a margarita I felt obligated to share this information.



Important Health Issue for Women

Do you have feelings of inadequacy?


Do you suffer from shyness?

Do you sometimes wish you were more assertive?


If you answered a resounding "YES!" to any of these questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist about Margaritas.

Margaritas are the safe, natural way to feel better and more confident about yourself and your actions.

Margaritas can help ease you out of your shyness and let you tell the world that you're ready and willing to do just about anything.

You will notice the benefits of Margaritas almost immediately and with a carefully managed regimen and dosage you can overcome any obstacles that prevent you from living the life you want to live.

Shyness and awkwardness will be a thing of the past.

You will discover talents you never knew you had.

Stop hiding and start living, with Margaritas.

Margaritas may not be right for everyone. Women who are pregnant or nursing should not use Margaritas.

However, women who wouldn't mind nursing or becoming pregnant are encouraged to try Margaritas.

Side effects may include:
dizziness, nausea, vomiting, incarceration, erotic lust, vision impairment (objects may be less handsome than they appear), loss of motor control, loss of clothing, loss of money, loss of virginity, possible attraction to the same sex, and table dancing.





Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger sula said...

bwahahaha! ok, that was funny. and now i want a margarita. at 8 o'clock in the morning. grrr. lol.

5:05 AM PST  
Blogger Amy C said...

I think I need margaritas :)!

7:13 AM PST  
Blogger WarriorM said...

I bet you could've used one (margarita)last night! I hope you and my favorite BIL are doing alright today! I'm thinking about the both of you.

With 6 kids this weekend, I'll be definately having a drinky-poo or 10...all after kiddos go to bed, of course. I'm still quite partial to vodka cranberry with a couple of lime twists!

11:23 AM PST  
Blogger Tracy said...

LOl - you're so funny. Strangely enough I'm going out to dinner with friends tonight and having margaritas!!! I'll try to control the table dancing. :)

11:44 AM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

sula, made me crave a margarita too! Bon voyage! Be safe.

Amy, need is such an elastic word isn't it. Neeeeeed. Yep. Me too. I need a margarita. TGIF baby. T-G-I-F!

Thanks for asking Mary. Your favorite BIL is doing better even though he just got home from work and it is 8 PM! We are going to have a quiet weekend, but unfortunately I don't see margaritas in our immediate future.

Tracy, I'm jealous, so jealous. Will there be yummy homemade tortilla chips and salsa to go with the margaritas? Never mind. Don't tell me. It will only make it worse. Say hey to that man of yours for me.

8:02 PM PST  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

Wow, in all my wild youth (said in sarcastic tone) I've never had a margarita.

I'm gonna have to fix that one of these days. :P Maybe next time I come visit??

9:55 AM PST  
Blogger Lori said...

LMAO!!! I love the side effect: loss of virginity, possible attraction to the same sex...

all at once? LOL!!

10:24 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Ames, my leetle chiquita, you visit SoCal again and I guarantee you won't leave without having a margarita (or six). That's a promise.

Lori, every once in a while something comes a long that really cracks me up. I got this email from my friend and the first think I thought was about putting it up on the blog.

10:30 PM PST  
Blogger CindyS said...

Ah, the days of drinking. I was all about the Tom Collins and another one that was orange - sweet. Nothing worse for me than actually tasting the alcohol. I know, I'm weird that way.

You guys are too cool for school because I've made margaritas and they are too powerful for my tastes - My mom makes them with tequila - is that right?

I'm addicted to (and by this I mean I'll have a half glass in the summer heat) pina coloda slushies. You put vodka in a drink and I'm yours. Always takes that edge off. Problem is I get dopey and then wake up wired. Boo.

And the one I'm thinking of putting up is Dave Barry's re-telling of colonoscopy. Thing is, the first part is hilarious but he was out for the real fun part and I'm not sure I can explain it in the funny way he has.

cindyhS

12:10 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home