A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Sunday, August 09, 2009

Hats & Horns all around!



August 6, 2005 this blog was born. Of course if you read that first post you see that NOBODY ASKED ME had a predecessor which I inadvertently deleted after three posts. Let's just say I've learned a lot since then.

Four years. It's gone by so fast and so much as changed in in my life and in Romancelandia. There are a lot more of us out here for one thing. My tbr is 250 books as opposed to a half dozen or so. I've met so many incredible and wonderful people, readers, writers and bloggers alike. I can't believe I have two trips to RWA under my belt. Two trips that totally would NOT HAVE HAPPENED if I hadn't met the people I have out here in blogland.

My "real" life is a lot different in many ways as well. I work full time at a different place, my two sons have graduated from high school and started college. I weigh less. I swim 2-3 times a week... Just a lot of stuff has changed.

Actually I probably would have forgotten all about my blogiversary, but I'm feeling a bit reflective today. Today, August 9th, would have been my Mom's 77th birthday. It's so odd to realize she's been gone 5 years. I think she'd get a real kick out of my blogging life though.

There is one constant in my life. GG. Such a gift that guy is. He makes me laugh, cry, and shriek in equal measure. He's interesting to talk to and he thinks I'm nifty. It boggles, it truly does.

What a guy. What a life! Such bounty I have.

Labels: , , ,

17 Comments:

Blogger nath said...

Happy Blogaversary, Rosie!! Four years?!? That's awesome!! :)

6:28 AM PDT  
Blogger azteclady said...

*throwing confetti up in the air*

Happy bloggiversary, Rosie!







And wishing you continued joy with GG for many many many years to come.

7:42 AM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Thanks Nathie! Can't hardly believe it myself.

AL, I knew you'd be fun at a party!

8:23 AM PDT  
Blogger Amy said...

Happy Blogversary, Rosie!

8:42 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wowzers, 4 years?! how awesome! happy blog anniversary and congrats on all the positive changes in your life.

9:30 AM PDT  
Blogger WarriorM said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm happy you started this fun adventure! Mom's birthday creeps up on me every year!

9:37 AM PDT  
Blogger Wendy said...

Happy, happy! My, how they do grow up fast. Four years old already. Next year you'll be riding the school bus to kindergarten ::wipes tear away::

And I like nifty. I think I'm going to ask My Man if he thinks I'm nifty......

9:45 AM PDT  
Blogger Lori said...

Happy blogiversary, Rosie!

Amazing how life can change in just a few short years, no? But having those constants, like GG, keep us sane and grounded.

And as for missing your mom, well, you know I know...

1:33 PM PDT  
Blogger sula said...

happy blogiversary! count me in as one who is very happy that you are out blogging and sharing the lurve. :)

1:49 PM PDT  
Blogger Marg said...

Happy blogiversary Rosie!

You are so lucky to have a GG in your life!

1:54 PM PDT  
Blogger Rosie said...

Thanks everybody. I feel so fortunate, truly, to have you all in my life.

3:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Renee said...

Wow, 4 years! That's wonderful, Rosie.

Happy blogiversary!

8:22 PM PDT  
Blogger CindyS said...

Happy 4 Year Blogiversary!

When I went back to figure out when I started I was surprised by how much had actually happened in the past four years.

And Cheers to you and GG!

Cindys

10:59 PM PDT  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

Happy belated 4 year blogiversary!!

And GG is a good man. I'm so glad I got to meet you two. :P

11:25 AM PDT  
Blogger Rowena said...

Happy Belated Blogaversary! 4 years old? Wow, that's a long time in blogging years! =)

I'm so very glad that you're blogging because you are one of the sweetest bloggers around!

2:18 PM PDT  
Anonymous ลงประกาศฟรี said...

ลงประกาศฟรี,ลงโฆษณาฟรี,ภาพเคลื่อนไหว,ภาพพื้นหลัง

11:46 AM PDT  
Blogger Tracy said...

I'm so behind!

Happy belated Blogiversary my friend!!

9:56 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home