A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Scoop

Well my Christmas cards and letters are done. That's me tapping dancing in glee that you hear in the background. It's important to me to keep in touch with people and sometimes Christmas is the only time I do that all year with some old friends who live far away. While I love staying in touch and have no intentions of discontinuing the practice any time soon, the card list seems to grow more each year and so the fingers cramp and it takes a bit longer to get through it all. Thank God for printers and mail merge because I can print all my envelopes in a snap.

I'm also feeling pretty good about all the other Christmas stuff. I only have a couple of small things left to buy and very little wrapping left. My next phase is to get cracking on a menu plan and food prep for my Christmas Eve shindig. Oh and some baking too. All doable and not overloading with stuff at the last minute.

Wonder of wonders I finished MIDNIGHT AWAKENING by Lara Adrian. I really enjoyed the book and agree with other reviews I've seen out there that mention this series seems to be getting stronger. I just wish I had more time to read. I'm anxious as all get out to start TEMPTATION by Megan Hart that I received last week.

My google reader informs me I haven't read 143 posts. Yikes! I've been tempted to open the tab a couple of times while I was working on Christmas letters today but resisted and stayed on task. I don't know how as I'm curious how you are all doing .

Hopefully I'll catch up with you all before the week's up.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger nath said...

Wow, you really are in the Christmas mood, Rosie!! It seems like you're all ready... I should start sending out Christmas greeting cards, but I'm always wondering who should I send card to, who I should not send card to... and in the end, it seems easier to just not send any ^^; Sad no?

and LOL, 143 posts? have fun catching up :D

5:11 AM PST  
Blogger Dev said...

Sounds like you've got lots of catching up to do!!! :-)

I don't send cards anymore ~~ I should, I just stopped a few years ago and never started again.

7:33 AM PST  
Blogger Becky said...

I very nearly missed sending my cards out a couple years ago (when Judah was a nursing baby). We ended up mailing them out on the way to Washington for Christmas break. I was literally writing on the envelopes in the car.

I'm gonna have to figure out that mail merge thing, because that seems to be the hardest part for me...the envelopes.

7:56 AM PST  
Blogger lisabea said...

I have 10 cards officially done. I have SOOO many more to do. Guess I should get on that, huh? But, man, Promises Keep is drawing me in.....

You're soooo good Rosie!

12:51 PM PST  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

So exactly how many cards do you send?

And yeah, sometimes my google reader scares me. I've been such a bad blogger lately. LOL

1:22 PM PST  
Blogger Jenster said...

Oy! I'm trying desparately to catch up on blog hopping, but I know I've missed so much there's no way I can catch up.

I'm jealous about your Christmas cards being done. I'm usually done by now, but I haven't even started. I'm debating whether or not I'm going to actually send them this year. *sigh* I just need to do it because if I don't I'll fret about it for months.

6:23 PM PST  
Blogger sula said...

oh man, between moving to college, moving to europe, moving to africa and then moving to the states, I have lost all of my contact lists or misplaced them in one box or another on one continent or another. *sniff* I wish I was organized enough to get my act together and do the Christmas card mailing. I feel like such a slacker.

6:53 PM PST  
Blogger CindyS said...

The first time I ever did Christmas cards I mailed them out on the 19th of December. Imagine my horror when I got a phone call from a friend in late January laughing her arse off at me because she just got her card. Ugh.

Vowing to never have that happen again I now do my cards last week of November and usually post them Dec 1st - this year it was like the 5th but I was on it ;)

Good for you on writing letters. I just don't do it - I think if you have kids or an active life it's all good but it's just Bob and I and most people know the poop ;)

My one horrible trait is I never have all the addresses. Right now I have three cards with no addresses but out of sight out of mind. Bad Cindy.

I'm thinking e-mail Christmas cards for them!

CindyS

8:01 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Nath, I'm in pretty good shape, but with work and having people over on Christmas Eve I have to be organized or I'll be too stressed to enjoy the holiday.

Dev, uh, my plan for catching up? Not going so good. My google reader is now at 185. I don't dare open it or I won't get anything else done on my list.

Becky, I've mailed cards out for most of my adult life. I think I missed a year or two before I got married, but the 27 years of our marriage I've sent out cards. Like I said in my post, sometimes it's my only contact with old friends that year and I don't want to miss it. The merge thing is great once you go through it once. I keep telling you to email me so I have your email addy and we can talk more in depth that way.

Lisabea, Hah! Good? Let's ask my husband about that one.

Ames, we send between 100 to 110 cards. Before you think that's a lot let me assure you that I'm related to most of the people. GG and I are both from large families. I have 7 sibs and he as 6, plus nieces and nephews, aunts, uncles, you get my drift. Lots of peeps to send to.

Jenster, best laid plans and all that. I'm getting more and more behind lately with my online stuff. Christmas on the other hand is pretty much under control.

Sula, well that has to suck. It's always a loss to lose touch with dear friends. Have you finally settled in one place for a while? You have us out here in cyber space no matter where you move.

Cindy, the first of December? You are an over achiever! I have about 3 or 4 friends and a couple of family members who send e-cards for Christmas. It's all good. Keeping in touch with people we care about is what matters.

11:07 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home