A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Monday, December 18, 2006

Good God! A Stye in my Eye!

This has been the most unusual holiday season. My Christmas project has really taken me out of the loop and I occasionally emerge from my cocoon blinking at the bright lights and colors all around me. It's been no surprise I've lost some weight (just a few pounds), I got the flu and now I've got a stye in my eye.

So here I am ready to click my heels and jump for joy because I'm so close to being done (really!) that I can taste it and I have a stye in my eye. I've never had a stye in my eye before...or at least not that I can remember, so if I ever had one before it is so long ago I don't remember it. Trust me that would be long, long ago and in a far off place.

Anyway, here I am ready to finish my project and I have blurred vision and tearing eyes. It slows things down a tad to try and see through tear filled eyes. What a pain! No, don't sympathize because it is only a little stye and I'm sure will clear up as styes usually do in a couple of days, but it IS a royal pain in my caboose and my eye looks like I've been socked in it recently. It's just preventing me from doing what I want to do and, well...you know, that's really irritating! Besides, I just want to get my project done so my life, as I know it, can resume. Other than that...everything is just peachy.

Christmas cards done and packages mailed. Only one more item to shop for, some baking to do, packing for the trip and of course, finish this last part of the project. All doable before Christmas so I'm breathing a sigh of relief I made my self imposed deadline. Now it's time to just enjoy the rest of the holiday season.

After our trip north we will come home and get ready to go to Disneyland on New Year's Eve with our boys and their friends. We've been warned it is pandemonium at the happiest place on earth New Year's Eve, but you gotta try stuff once don't you? Anyway I love the energy of the kids and we should have fun.

I hope you don't have a stye in your eye, or the flu, or a cold and that your holiday season is lovely and joy filled with family and friends.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger dancechica said...

Aw, I'm sorry to hear you have a stye. I know how they feel because I get them all the time, especially if I'm stressing out about something. One got to be so bad it turned into a chalazion which had to be surgically removed--but don't worry, that usually doesn't happen, styes just run in our family it seems. Anyway, for relief--and to make it go away faster--put a hot compress over your eye. Usually I'll get a washcloth and run it under hot water--not too hot it burns or anything, but hot enough--and then I place it over my eye until the cloth cools. Do this a few times a day and the stye will start to drain and go away. Sometimes they'll just go away on their own, but if they're bothering you, it helps to do the warm compress. If you feel a stye coming on, doing a hot compress will keep it from roaring its ugly head. Hope this helps! :-D

9:47 AM PST  
Blogger ~ames~ said...

Oh gosh, Rosie-a stye? That really sucks! I'm very picky about my eyes and things like pink eye and styes freak the hell out of me. I won't wear contacts because I'm scared of having something on my eyeball.

I hope the stye clears up soon and that you have lots and lots of fun in Disneyland!

10:48 AM PST  
Blogger Lori said...

Oh, ick! I'm so sorry. Nothing is worse than being sick or being inconvenienced when you are trying to get all the last minute stuff done.

On the other hand, can I say how jealous I am? All your cards and packages are done? Sheesh! Hanukkah is halfway through, and I haven't even finished my Hanukkah shopping LOL. Forget Christmas! That's this weekend's job. Congrats on being uber-efficient!

8:07 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

DC, thanks for the tips. I had already looked styes up online and did the hot compresses. It helpled alot.

Ames, since I was needing my eyes to do my project and well...to read...it wasn't any fun, but it's almost completely gone already.

Lori, I'm a list maker so I make lists and plan on what day I'll do what to spread the chores out so I can enjoy the holidays. I'm a bit later than usual this year, but the important thing is being done! Whew! What a relief.

7:15 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home