A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, December 15, 2006

I'm Alive!

Have you ever gone some where for Christmas? You know, pack up the kids, the presents and gone out of town for Christmas? We haven't done it for years mostly because when we did try it years ago, when the kids were small, it wasn't fun. They missed being home and having Christmas in their own house. Now they are older and really excited about going to northern California to celebrate Christmas with my brother and his family and extended family by way of in-laws. We love it up there and I have to say I'm looking forward to it too.

This means however that normal Christmas routine has been sped up a bit in order for us to leave here on December 22nd. Normally the 22nd is about the time I start dropping Christmas gifts off to places like my drycleaners, my hair stylist, etc. Usually everything is pretty paced and I get a chance to really enjoy the whole holiday season, but this year has just been a whirlwind. Instead of watching the parade I feel like I'm in it!

I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel though and anxious to catch up with all of you. You will probably see me start popping in and commenting again. It will probably be after the holidays before I'm back in my groove with book reviews though. I did finally finish DROP DEAD GORGEOUS and enjoyed it. Currently I'm reading EYE OF HEAVEN by Marjorie Liu. So far, so good.

I even made it inside a bookstore for the first time in two weeks yesterday and purchased a couple of books. I picked up Nora Roberts' Circle Trilogy for my son's girlfriend. I already got her a Christmas present, but she's scrounging for something to read and I thought I'd surprise her. We are planning a trip to the UBS during her Christmas break...that should be fun. Another reader to share the addiction with!

Thanks for all your comments. It's remarkable how cheering it is when I receive a comment in my email from one of you. Kristie, I have switched to beta and I'm sorry you are having such a tough time commenting. I hope it gets better.

I hope you are all having a wonderful holiday season! See you around campus.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger ~ames~ said...

Every year until I was 11 we went somewhere for Christmas. The joys of being a military child-we were far from family so always had to go visit them. Even when we lived in Germany we came to Canada and split the holidays between my parents' parents. LOL

Hope the visit with your brother goes well. :P

11:48 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nah, we've never gone anywhere special for Xmas. When I was younger, I probably would not have liked that because I would've wanted to spend Xmas in my own home, too. But now, a trip for Xmas sounds great! I would love to do that! I hope you and your family have a wonderful time visiting your brother. :-D

12:53 PM PST  
Blogger Dev said...

I haven't really traveled for Christmas in years. Usually, it's at Mom's house which is only 45 miles away. I think the last time we ever traveled for Christmas I was just a girl ~ I do remember being the one who drove on the way back, so I must have been in my teens but I don't really remember much about it.

9:57 AM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Ames, even when I was a kid there were so many of us (I'm the oldest of 9 kids) that we rarely went anywhere. Just a couple of times to my grandparents because we always lived far from them. We are excited about this trip though.

Dance Chica my boys are 16 and 20 and they are pretty excited about going to northern California. Something new, something different. Although they are surprisingly devoted to some of our family traditions.

Devonna, Wow you drove in Montana at Christmas time in the snow and ice? I'd have been a wreck letting my boys do that. They both have a tendency to be lead footed.

6:52 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home