A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, December 21, 2007

The Countdown...

The countdown begins... I'm checking my lists for my final shopping at the grocery stores. Thankfully all the other shopping is done and gifts are wrapped. Whew! to that one. My shopping is so done that I actually 'accidentally' did clothes shopping for myself yesterday. Can you believe that? Totally spontaneous because I'd never plan something like that. I don't mind so much looking for the clothes, but I hate the trying on stuff. I'm always weighing out whether I hate making returns for stuff I didn't like worse than stopping to try stuff on in the store.

Anyway, yesterday trying stuff on in the store won out. I came away with a new raincoat (totally needed and 50% off!), 4 tops and 2 pairs of jeans. Retailers are desperate this year and the sale was unreal. Liz Claiborne jeans for $29? I HAD to buy them I tell you...HAD to.

We did a Secret Santa gift exchange yesterday at work and I got a $25 gift card to Barnes & Noble. Is that lucky or what? Seriously, I should play the lottery don't you think?

Today it's the water and soda run at Costco and all the fresh stuff at the grocery store and I should be set for my Christmas Eve soiree. Except we are still debating Christmas dinner in my household. Steak. My boys want steak. Not prime rib, ham or turkey. Steak. Am I crazy or does that seem like an odd Christmas dinner?

Gotta go to work. I'm running behind. I just wanted to drop in and say hi to everyone and hope you aren't too frazzled with holiday preparations. I hope all my friends in the east are staying warm and cozy and not having too much trouble with the snow and cold.

Hopefully I'll be posting again over the weekend if things don't get too crazy!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Dev said...

I'll be sending you good thoughts as you brave Costco today. You're a better woman than I am. I won't go into that store until well after Christmas :-)

8:43 AM PST  
Blogger Gigi said...

Steak? At Christmas! Blasphemy! LOL. It does sound a lot easier than frying a turkey which is what we're doing.

And yay on your sales finds. I normally live for sales but lately I just can't find the energy to face going to the mall never mind trying anything on.

Have a Merry Christmas!

9:14 AM PST  
Blogger alcoment said...

Hey Rosie. Sounds like you're pretty much prepared! I'm getting there but still have quite a bit to do.

Steak sounds fine to me for Christmas dinner, but I am the girl who ended up in an Indian restaurant for Christams dinner one year!

12:55 PM PST  
Blogger Wendy said...

Lordy, I'm getting a headache just thinking about Costco. I bet it was insane.

Those jeans sound like a real deal! I would have bought them just on principle.

WooHoo! B&N gift card! Go Team You!

I know a lot of people who do roast beef for Christmas, so steak doesn't sound too far out there. Still, I've always been a ham girl myself.

6:15 PM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Dev, okay it was slightly insane at Costco, but fortunately I didn't need too many things and Beanie was there to help me.

Giselle, I literally stumbled onto this sale, but when I saw the merch and the prices I couldn't resist picking up a few things.

Alcoment, I'm close. Even though I made Costco I didn't go to my regular grocery store for the fresh produce I need. I'm going to wait and go early in the morning.

I also went ahead and bought the New York steaks today at Costco. They look great and the men in my life are happy.

Wendy, insanity is one way of describing the madness. On the upside I ran into people I know and had a quick Christmas visit in the aisles so that was nice. The best thing that can be said is that it's done.

8:18 PM PST  
Blogger Jenster said...

You scored a B&N card?? BONUS!!

I was all finished with my shopping - including groceries for the next week - when my son told me this morning, "I need to go to Target and Kohl's today!" Blasted not-quite-old-enough-to-drive-himself-to-the-store teenager!

7:57 AM PST  
Blogger Becky said...

For some families, Turkey is a must, because there are all sorts of 'warm fuzzies' attached to the big dinner with the turkey and all the trimmings...but hey, if your crew wants something easier to prepare, I say GO FOR IT!

I've got to get to the grocery store today and pick up my last few groceries for the big dinner.

Merry Christmas!!

12:18 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home