A big family, a reading addiction, and the occasional celebrity scandal are the ingredients of life that create one woman's opinion on just about everything.

Friday, December 14, 2007

You Guys Rock

Thanks for your comments and bringing me up to date on what you are doing and/or reading. I've finally had a chance to get through the over 200 posts that were on my google reader. I saw lots of great Christmas pictures, recipes and saw that I'm not the only one dragging my bootie after a couple of rounds of Christmas shopping.

Our dog Emily is the last one I have to shop for... well except I found out last night that 4 more people are coming over Christmas Eve so I have a couple of things to pick up for that evening. But I have to say, now that the majority of the grunt work for Christmas is behind me I'm really getting sort of giddy. I enjoy having people over and Christmas Eve should be fun. We will have a mix of family and friends throughout the afternoon and evening. I especially love that my kids have their closest friends stop by. Beanie has had the same group of friends for 4-5 years. I scold, and lecture, and hug 'em just like my own.

Speaking of my kids, Shmoo is back together with GF #1. All seems well. So we live in the moment expecting the drama to come knocking at our door at any time.

Beanie is working tonight but before he left for work he made me commit to going to see Alvin and the Chipmunks with him tomorrow. We even roped Shmoo (the cynic in the family) into agreeing to go too. I don't have big expectations for the movie. I would just like to smile a little and rock out to the Chipmunk song. That's all. I'm already pretty happy that my sons will still go to the movies with me.

Yeah, it's Christmas, and no, this isn't a Christmas song, but it IS a song that GG and I particularly like. Besides...things like Christmas ARE better when you're together...


Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Marg said...

Thanks for posting that! I love listening to Jack Johnson but haven't done so for ages!

1:39 AM PST  
Blogger Dev said...

I want to see Alvin and the Chipmunks ~ it just looks funny. Kiddo and I may go this weekend ~ we haven't decided yet.

7:05 AM PST  
Blogger nath said...

Your dog is spoiled :D and good that Schmoo is back with his GF#1... I think :) and I hope you have fun at the movie :D

8:22 AM PST  
Blogger Becky said...

Awww, that's so cool that your boys still want to go see movies with you.

Oy, the drama, lol.

8:44 AM PST  
Blogger Unknown said...

We went to see the Golden Compass - gorgeous movie. My daughter was captivated by Lyra - and for once there was a heroine who actually DID things, instead of having things just happen to her.

Our dogs get prezzies too - butcher bones usually, lol!

Sam

11:45 AM PST  
Blogger Rosie said...

Marg, I discover new music thanks to my kids. My son Shmoo introduced me to Jack Johnson 2 years ago. I really like his music and GG and I like this song in particular.

Dev, apparently we aren't the only ones who want to see Alvin. We were surprised that all three movie times we wanted to go yesterday were sold out. We still hope to go over the weekend sometime.

Nath, Emily is very spoiled, but she's the sweetest and smartest dog we've ever had. I just adore that pooch.

Becky, it IS nice they want to go to movies with me and I so appreciate that fact. Of course most of the time they are trying to talk me into something scary or gory so you can imagine my delight at being invited to see Alvin and company for a change.

Sam, oh, I'm so glad to hear GOLDEN COMPASS was good because we want to see that one too. Now that I'm pretty set for Christmas maybe we can see a few movies.

6:49 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home